Tazewell County Juvenile Probation
334 Elizabeth St., Pekin, IL 61554
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Tel: (309) 477-2278, Fax: (309) 477-3113
|The Tazewell County Juvenile Probation is
responsible for dealing with the day-to-day manifestations of
delinquency, including monitoring the progress and problems of
those juveniles who are under the supervision of the Court.
Programs provided: Regular Probation
and Juvenile Sex Offender Supervision.
The mission of Illinois probation departments is to provide the
circuit courts with a comprehensive system of quality programs
and services which are responsive to constitutional and
statutory requirements, and which reflect judicial priorities
and community needs.
The goal of Illinois probation departments is to:
- Provide complete and accurate information to the court
to facilitate judicial decision-making.
- Provide differential, community-based supervision and
intervention to offenders dependent upon risk, individual
offender needs and available resources.
- Reduce recidivism among offenders sentenced to
- Identify and develop new programs which qualitatively
and cost-effectively enhance community supervision
- Provide for the care, safety and security of juveniles
confined to detention facilities.
- Ensure accountability to the victim and the community
through financial restitution and public service programs.
- Improve the quality, effectiveness and professionalism
of Illinois probation officers and court services.